So, it's about time! I have been fighting this blogging thing for long enough! What the heck has kept me from doing this? I could now cite a huge list of time-related reasons that all support my inability to blog until now... and while there are some legitimate schedule considerations... if I'm totally honest here, the reasons below are the real deal...
1. Do people actually want to hear other people's random rants? The answer is yes. It may not be my personality to throw it all out there all will nilly like, but the proof is in the pudding here. There are millions, if not billions of blogs out there. Everything from the latest green smoothie recipe, to how to be an excel spreadsheet wizard, to how build a home out of a shipping container, to the top smartphone apps that promise to make you smarter... truth be told, I'm skeptical of that last one, but who am I to judge?
2. There is a "RIGHT" way to blog... and I don't know what that right way is! I'm going to do it wrong. So this one might actually be true, lol. There are tons of people blogging, and I'm quite sure that the ones that have been doing it for a long time have discovered some angles and tricks that make their blogs more successful, or more interesting, and more "discoverable"...
What I've concluded though, is that I must heed my own advice. Interesting concept, eh? Yeah. So, one of the concepts that comes up a lot in my coaching with other people, is the idea that fear is the only thing that keeps us from doing anything... and I really do believe that. Whether it be old family conditioning from when we were young, or an event that happened in our lives that we created a story around... our lives are a product of the stories that exist in our consciousness. If these stories and beliefs limit us, then we have to take a look at where they came from and be willing to accept that they may not be serving us. Is it possible that I might be the world's next most famous blogger? It's possible... Is it possible that I might screw it up and not be interesting? It's possible... but more importantly I will never know what's possible, nor what this experience might have to teach me, if I stay on the side lines. What I do know, is that at any time, we can create a new story for ourselves and just...do the thing.
So. Today I choose to get in the game and not let my fear of "blog perfection" stand in my way of connecting through this vehicle!
A little intro... my background is in healthy eating education, eating psychology, mind/body nutrition and the science of willpower. Human behavior and health habits are fascinating to me, and I love helping people figure out why they might be doing something, helping them create the shifts necessary do something different and the practical implementation necessary to cement those thoughts into new actions and habits in everyday life. Wellness is something we have to claim for ourselves and I love helping people remember that!
So, in this space I promise:
1. I will always be honest.
2. I will always approach this blog with genuine interest in supporting you and your health.
3. I will always honor your comments and feedback as long as you are kind.
3. I will never post anything titled "How to lose 10 inches in 10 days" or similar.
4. Lastly, I promise that I will 'try' not to bombard you with pictures of my adorable Bernese Mtn Dog, Charlie. (this first one below is just a warm up... c'mon... everybody loves a giant fluffy dog!!!)
Thanks for reading! I am very open to your thoughts and comments and I really look forward to connecting!
Geez. This guy. For those of you that haven't seen this photo... We like to call this one The Superman... for obvious reasons.
Hi! I'm Margaret. My passion is connecting with people and helping them remember their awesomeness. I love healthy vibrant colorful food, travel, yoga, being outdoors, my goofy Bernese Mountain dog Charlie and finding spirituality in the everyday. I see this life as a giant playground where we get to play and learn and expand everyday! xoxo! Margaret